Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hey all,

I forgot to add my address to my blog in my last post..so here is it: http://ronexperience.blogspot.com/.

My journey this week will take me to the museum named in honor of the Greek goddess of wisdom Athena. One of the first American museums to exhibit Surrealism, which is a style of art that uses the subconscious as a source of creativity. Surrealism attempts to portray, or interpret the unconscious minds as manifested in dreams. I’m hoping my visit to the Wadsworth Atheneum museum this weekend will provide me the pleasure of viewing such works by world-renowned artist who was best known for the bizarre images in his surrealist work Salvador Dali.


This work of art is a portrait of Dali's wife known as Gala. The piece is called 'Galatea of the Spheres'.
http://www.salvador-dali.org/serveis/ced/articles/en_article3.html

Ron

4 comments:

  1. Great Ron... it's getting late now so I will check it out tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron...I just finished taking a look at your blog and was very impressed by your first post.I get a sense of someone who is aware of their surroundings and thinking about details even beginning with the first sentence that
    "It was a magnificent fall afternoon"

    Thanks for providing the information about the Egerton Swartwout building...the winged female on the archway is jokingly referred to as the Bridge of Thighs in reference to the Venetian Bridge of Sighs. :-)

    Your observations about the Louis Khan building were important as well.... it's more than 50 years old now and the triangulated ceiling made of cast concrete was extremely revolutionary at the time he did that. Kahn is one of our more important architects.

    I'm very pleased with your selection of the African art exhibit for your first paper... I enjoyed reading your narrative as he took us down the African continent and described not only what the masks you discussed looked like but how they functioned in religious and musical ceremonies.

    Your photographs are good and you have gotten the idea of how to construct a blog paper that includes photographs interspersed with the text.

    Nice work... take note everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron, I really like the attachment of Salvador Dali's wife. I always thought his art was a little strange - just goes to show you how little I know about art. Can you please tell me the name of the museum that went to this week?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ron, the picture of the "The style of the two masks that showed the aesthetic continuity of the Ibibio ancestors who were returned back to the country after they were released from slave ships that were captured in the 19th century" really caught my attention. The entire blog was full of african culture details that I wasn't aware of. I believe this museum was in New Haven?

    ReplyDelete