Thursday, November 6, 2008

just a couple of pics from my trip today to the Wadsworth in Hartford. They do offer a couple of tours at noon and another at one but I opted to meander around the museum so that I could work at my own pace. There is plenty of parking, but the parking garages listed on the site are actually about 5 or 6 blocks away. I found it easier to just put some money in the parking kiosk (only change or debit card). 3 bucks got me 3 hours which is just about right. Try and save some time for lunch or an early dinner because the museum cafe (The Russell) is great. Looking at this artwork just never gets old. You can find everything from Picasso to Monet as well as some outstanding European and early American artwork.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. great Ulysses... looking forward to reading what you have to say about your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ulysses, did you go on Thursday evening? Did you see the wild masquerade party/happy hour that was going on that evening? The loud disco music was so distracting. My sister and I could not wait to get up to the upper floors so that we could hear ourselves think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Ulysses, the pictures say a million things and you are correct, they never get old, lol. It sounds Thursday early hours sounds better, I only wish I can take a day off to do that. Looking forward to commenting your blog, this is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Helen, I actually toured during the afternoon. Def sorry I missed you. It would have been nice to visit the musuem with a fellow student.

    ReplyDelete