Saturday, November 1, 2008





OK...

As I said a few weeks back I went into the city with my sister in law. We had tickets to go see Reachal Ray but as it ended up they gave out to many tickets and they had no seats left when they got to us! Oh well more time for the MET!

For any of you that are plaing on going soon I wold say make it one of the last trips of the class. Not only may you want to save the best for last BUT they are doing a TUN of work right now and many of the rooms were closed.

My favorite rooms are of the impressionists. I am a big fan of Monet so to see his work up close is a great experience. Just knowing that HE was the one that made the brush strokes you see is very cool. Its a picture of history frozen in time. Its what he saw... well literally considering that he was near sighted. That is the reason all his images are blurry.

I am also incuding some great pics I got of the temple. This is a must see when you go

3 comments:

  1. What's not to love with Claude Monet's work... He is actually a great uncle of mine (by marriage, not blood)... and no I didn't get to inherit any of his work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn! Thats to bad! gee.. on a prof salary you cant buy one! hahah

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Linda these pictures are absolutely beautiful. I am looking forward in attending these museum. Did the guards say anything in taking these close ups?

    ReplyDelete