Monday, December 15, 2008

Springfield Museum of Art

I was pleasantly surprised that the Springfield Musuem of Art is comprised of four museums, the Michele & Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts., the George Walter Vincent Smith Art Museum, the Springfield Science Museum, and the Connecticut Valley Historical Museum. It also has the Dr. Seuss National Memorial Sculpture Garden in the Historical Museum with full-scale bronze sculptures of Dr. Seuss which happens to be the birthplace of Theodor Geisel, a.k.a. Dr. Seuss. For all of you with kids or if you are a Dr. Seuss fan, this is a must see.
Wouldn't you know, I forgot my camera in a rush to get there so I'm going to be downloading all my pictures from the web. The museum is only open from 11am to 4pm on Sundays.
Ivisited the Michele and Donald D'Amour Museum of Fine Arts.

2 comments:

  1. KJ, thanks for this posting. I am a big Dr. Seuss fan as is most of my family so this museum is going on my must-see list. I'm going in for knee surgery on Friday and I just found out I will be out of work for 6 weeks so I am hoping during that time I will be able to go check out the museum (closer to the end of the 6 weeks, I'm sure).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Seuss in Springfield! How cool is this! Four Museum too, the more I want to go and see this place. I have a best friend that lives 45 minutes away from this place and after the holidays, I already told her we are making plans to there. Thanks KJ! Great feedback!

    ReplyDelete