Saturday, November 22, 2008

The New Britain Museum of America Art


If I knew this museum was 2 minutes away from a relative (who lives nearby) I would have visited sooner. This was a smaller museum, yet very nice. Jen at the service center, could not give me a tour. Apparently she was by herself this day. I also received a discount for two adults for the price of one!

I took a picture with the statue "Solon H. Borghim", 1868-1922, Sioux Indian Buffalo Dance. This so beautiful in person.

I also enjoyed the "wall of cups or should I say The Gravity of Colors"! OMG, this was absolutely a treat to see. The mount itself left me in awe! I just stood there and wondered how many hours, time these people put into this. This hard work surely paid off. I'm going to download the rest of my visit (photos) on my page.

5 comments:

  1. Jinnie, I plan on visiting this museum next weekend so thanks so much for the heads up. I am finding out that the smaller museums can hold just as many treasures as the larger ones. Once upon a time, I would have thought this was a "hokey" way to pass a Saturday afternoon. Now I am finding I am looking forward to discovering what is in our own back yards every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jinnie,

    I visited this musuem last Saturday instead of the MET because of the terrible weather. I was also impressed with Lisa Hoke's "The Gravity of Color". I wonder how long it took to complete this work of art myself. Truly amazing! I also took a photo of the Sioux Indian Buffalo Dance. I'll be posting my museum experience tonight. Well in the meantime, I'll take a look at your pictures on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jinnie,

    I can't get to your blog. Do you have another one besides this one: http://salsalicious.blogspot.com
    This is the link that I get under Important Class Links.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm truly amaze at the little treasures CT has to offer. I look forward to my visit to this museum next weekend. Great picture of Lisa Hoke's The Gravity of Color!

    ReplyDelete