Saturday, November 22, 2008

Wadsworth Atheneum Museum, Hartford CT - 11/15/08

The Wadsworth Museum is by far my favorite Museum. I'm sure I'll change my mind when I go to NYC (based on what I have read from others message postings). I took so many photographs and wrote on my journal (nearly three pages long). There was so much to write. I was too excited and I got a little picture happy (took plenty of photos, will share on my page). This was a wonderful experience! However the rain did come down hard this day, and I was dropped off by my fiance because parking was a nightmare for me. I actually left my care at my finace's employment and he dropped me off at the Museum. I did not have a chance to eat something at the cafe but I'm looking forward to another trip here and will consider then their cafe for lunch.

The antique-furniture on the third floor really brought me back to my childhood! Some of this furniture actually looks similar at "IKEA" display. This picture below was a "chair/desk" designed by Frank L. Wnyte. This is the 20th century architecture design. It's funny on how he designed the 3 leg chair for those who slouched on job, it would actually tip over! So funny. May be we would use these today, keep our staff on our their toes! I'm downloading the rest of my pictures on my page.

1 comment:

  1. Jinnie, I would be so screwed if I had a three legged chair at work!!! Thanks for the laugh. Wouldn't you know I also have to write a paper about IKEA this week too? Maybe I should head back to the Wadsworth Athaeneum for inspiration. Though the IKEA store in New Haven is closer to me, I know I would enjoy the museum far more.

    ReplyDelete